Sweet potato powder , also called sweet potato starch, is sweet potato starch made from sweet potatoes through a series of technological operations. Similar to starches such as water chestnut flour and corn flour, they are all auxiliary materials for cooking food. For sweet potato flour, most people may only know that it is a kind of starch, but they don’t know that it has high nutritional value. Let’s learn more about the nutritional value and cooking methods of sweet potato flour.
Nutritional value of sweet potato flour
Sweet potatoes, that is, sweet potatoes are rich in sugar, starch, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, carotene, vitamin B1 and other nutrients, which provide energy for maintaining normal life activities of the human body. The sweet potato flour, which uses sweet potatoes as raw materials, also inherits some of the nutrients of sweet potatoes, which is of great benefit to health.
The efficacy and function of sweet potato powder
1. Intestinal defecation
Sweet potato flour is rich in crude fiber, which is equivalent to 10 times that of rice and noodle staple food, and sweet potato flour is fine in texture and does not hurt the stomach. It cleans the intestinal tract and promotes the peristalsis of the digestive tract.
2. Enhance immunity
The mucus protein contained in the sweet potato flour provides special protection for the human body. It can keep the digestive tract and respiratory tract clean, enhance the elasticity of the blood vessel wall, and has a certain preventive effect on the atrophy of arteriosclerosis, liver and kidney and other connective tissues, thereby slowing down the human body. Organ aging, improve immunity.
The practice of sweet potato flour
1. Sweet potato jelly
100 grams of sweet potato powder, 35 grams of light soy sauce, 15 grams of sesame oil, 15 grams of chili oil
(1) Sieve the sweet potato powder and pour it into a container, add an appropriate amount of water and stir;
(2) Pour into the pot, cook on low heat, pay attention to stirring constantly;
(3) Pour it into a container to cool after discoloration, and put it in the refrigerator;
(4) Take it out, cut it into strips, and add crushed peanuts, light soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili oil.
2. Fried crispy pork
300 grams of pork belly, 3 eggs, appropriate amount of sweet potato powder, salt, sugar, pepper, green onion, ginger, and five-spice powder
(1) Mix the minced green onion and ginger, crushed peppercorns, salt, sugar, and five-spice powder, and stir well;
(2) After the pork belly is cut into thick slices, mix well with the seasoning;
(3) Beat the eggs, add sweet potato powder and beat evenly;
(4) Soak the pork belly slices in the egg liquid, soak for about half an hour, put them in the oil pan and fry until golden;
(5) Take it out and fry it again.
3. Sweet Potato Flour Egg Cake
Appropriate amount of sweet potato powder, 3 eggs, a little green onion
(1) Add the sweet potato powder to an appropriate amount of water and stir it into a semi-dilute state;
(2) Beat in eggs, sprinkle with chopped green onion and stir evenly;
(3) Heat the oil in the pan, pour in the batter and fry until both sides are golden, then take out of the pan.
How to store sweet potato flour
The purchased sweet potato flour should be sealed and stored after use. When storing, you should also pay attention to moisture-proof, direct sunlight, insect bites, rat bites, and odors.
How to distinguish the quality of sweet potato flour
1. First of all, visual inspection. If the sweet potato powder in front of you is bright and white, it means that there are few impurities. If you crush it on a piece of white paper, the dust and leaf skin residues in the unclean sweet potato powder can be clearly seen.
2. Then grind it with your fingers, and you can detect the water content of the sweet potato flour by virtue of the feel. The method is to crush the sweet potato flour vigorously with your fingers, which can be crushed into thin slices, and shake off the flakes on your fingers to the table at a distance of 20cm from the table: if it is in a loose powder state, it means it is relatively dry and has less water content. If it is in the form of small pieces If it is thinner, the water content is 15%-20%. If the flakes do not disperse, it means that the water content is high and it is not easy to store. It is not recommended to buy.
3. Listen with your ears, pinch a small amount of sweet potato powder with your fingers and rub it. If you hear the sound of "Kaka", it means that it is pure sweet potato; The miscellaneous ones include talcum powder or wheat flour, which are not recommended to buy.